Friday, July 24, 2009

This Film Is Not Yet Rated

I haven't had a chance to blog about This Film Is Not Yet Rated until today, so here goes...

What I did enjoy about the film was the confidence Kirby Dick had in his material and accusations. He definately was as direct as possible, even speaking with the MPAA members on the phone. The most interesting part was the private investigators being a middle-aged woman and her daughter. I found this to be almost the opposite of what I had imagined, but that the duo could do more damage this way. Not many people would look at them and envision P.I.'s, so kudos for that. I've written paragraphs and paragraphs of information on the MPAA over the past couple weeks, but its all been so new to me. The grading system seemed congruent and sturdy until I realized its full of parents who hide their identity and have many flaws in their line of work. There should be a second ratings board, that a company can choose to rate their movies, or both ratings boards compare and contrast what they believe to be important. If one company wants a PG-13 movie rated R, then they should both come up with a solid solution with pros and cons to finalize a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment