Friday, July 17, 2009

borg

The Borg has the right to withhold points for comments like "Cool!" or posts of one sentence in length. Do not taunt the Borg.

After this quote from Professor Ingvoldstad, I decided to research just what exactly a borg is. This, I figured, would help me better understand why my teacher refers to himself as, indeed, a borg. According to Wikipedia.org, a borg is "a fictional pseudo-race of cybernetic organisms depicted in the Star Trek franchise. Aside from being the main threat in Star Trek: First Contact, the Borg also play major roles in The Next Generation and Voyager television series, primarily as an invasion threat to the United Federation of Planets and the means of return to the Alpha Quadrant for isolated Federation starship Voyager, respectively." I now fully understand why Professor Ingvoldstad is a borg. "resistance is futile"

7 comments:

  1. Resistance is futile. I like that! I have to try that out on the syllabus in the fall....

    I take it you're not a Star Trek fan? We can still be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bjorn why must you be a borg? They're scary. I think you're suited for a more Spok-like role. :P Yeah I saw the Star Trek, movie and I was surprised I liked it as much as I did. It definitely made Star Trek cool. I'm more of a Star Wars guy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Star Trek fan, but a distant one. I agree..Star Wars does beat Star Trek in my book too. Han Solo would kick Spock's ass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star Wars is pretty fantastic. I grew up watching Star Trek with my mom though. I used to run around with a headband over my eyes pretending to be Geordi Laforge, but I thought his name was Data for the looongest time. Yeah, I've been a nerd ever since I was little. Haha.

    Anyway! Han Solo is a hothead, I don't think he'd win, Spocks got the whole perfect balance of Vulcan(reason) and Human(feeling).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you looked up what a borg is. I had no idea myself and thought I was the only one haha Im no star trek fan so Im still a little confused... lol One thing that did catch my eye was that you found your information on Wikapedia!!! That is probably the most unreliable source to get information on the internet, anyone can upload information on there, so be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really a Star Trek fan either, so thank you James for clearifying the whole borg thing. That said the Star Trek reboot was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha thank you nriley ill keep an eye out for that.

    ReplyDelete